2013年1月25日星期五

How Do You Find Leads For Your MLM Business?

I like to listen to differing opinions because it helps me be a critical thinker. If you only hear one side of the story, it doesn't give you anything to mull over!When I started in MLM, I got some advice from someone who has been extremely successful (that is who you should listen to after all, someone who has what you want!) He told me to find "networkers" to join my business, meaning people with experience in MLM or word-of-mouth marketing. Another very successful person, currently a mentor of mine, gives the same advice.Recently however, someone gave me the advice to NOT prospect people who are already in an MLM company. I do not have any knowledge of how successful this person is (he claims to be!) but I listened and thought about what he said. His reasoning is that you will teach your team members to use the same methods you use (true) and that when you prospect networkers, they often prospect you right back (also true.) So, he told me, some of your team members will quit your team and join the person they were prospecting. That's where he lost me. I told him that won't happen to me, and he just laughed and said "Sure, you have the best company. We ALL do."I understand his thinking and of course I can't guarantee that nobody would ever leave my team. But here is what I do to prevent that:
I build relationships with people so they joined me because they know, like, and trust me.
I teach people about the 5 pillars of success in MLM
I make sure my people know why I picked my company, because of the 5 pillars
So, first I build loyalty by building a good relationship. You do this by focusing on the other person's needs, without an agenda (something most people find difficult at first.) I teach them to be a critical thinker and look for the facts. People can argue about your opinion, but facts are facts. Once people know the facts about what to look for in an MLM company, if they want to know about mine (and ONLY if they ask) I will explain how my company compares to others, with facts! Then I let people make their own decision.Not everyone joins me, of course. But everyone learns what to look for, and will look at the facts from now on instead of making their decisions based on emotion. Those who do join, having learned these ideas, would naturally look for the facts about any company that was presented to them. And if the other company is no better than where they are, and they have a good relationship with me, why would they jump ship?Here is why people change companies:
They aren't getting results
Nobody is helping them
Something distasteful is going on in the company
I can make sure the first two don't happen, as long as the person is coachable and works hard. While I can't control the third entirely, there are certainly things to look for up front (and I did) to see if you are joining a company where that distasteful stuff is less likely to happen. And if it does, guess what? I'll change companies too! And the people I have helped, who joined me, are likely to follow me.So I do target networkers. That way I don't have to put up with the "pyramid scheme" objection, the "that's an immoral way to do business" objection, and the "MLM products are always overpriced" objection. And I get people who believe in the business model, are determined to make it work for them, and just want to be coached to success. Make sense? Great! Contact me if you want help finding these people for your team!

没有评论:

发表评论