2013年1月31日星期四

Put the "Best You" Forward For Success in Your Home Based Business

I was in on a discussion the other night about how important social media is to small businesses and home-based businesses. And I believe that.I've made that known in previous blog posts. However, what some of us don't realize is that unless we share the positive, no one will want to be a part of whatever it is we're doing, no matter how unmatched the opportunity we have to offer is.I have an acquaintance I've known for some years and she is active on most of the social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. But when I read and reflect on her posts, I am not "drawn" to her or her business. Why? Because her posts actually include a great deal of negative. She posts about things such as how bad the weather is, how she is so tired, how she is dreading a coming dentist appointment, how people are sometimes irritating. And I have to ask myself what exactly she feels anyone would be interested in when it came to taking her up on her business opportunity. I know that most everyone I know would avoid responding to those kinds of posts.We all have bad days. But they are what you make them. As any of you know, we create our own reality. How we respond to certain situations, certain instances, and even certain people, will determine the reality of what they are. We build the kind of reality we want by seeking the positive in things that happen in our lives. And those positive things are the things we need to share. No one can benefit from negative. They can, however, benefit from the way you handle things and approach things and how you are able to put a positive spin on what would otherwise be a negative in your life.The most important thing in any marketing for your business is to always put your "best" you forward. People, by nature, are drawn to others who have a desirable outlook on life and what it brings. I am. And I find myself avoiding that acquaintance who always sees the dismal and disappointment.We actually took some personal development courses and I highly suggest that anyone in their own business does the same. It gives you clarity on what is most important and what will help ensure your success. In utilizing those personal development skills, you can reflect on exactly what you want to demonstrate in your business-prosperity, success, lack of stress, the power to control your own income and work hours, and the benefits of being a business owner. But whether you do or do not take personal development courses, think, and think again, and read again-anything you intend to post. Ask yourself how you would respond to a person or post that said what you are considering posting. You will know-if you view your post consideration from another persons perspective-whether or not it is something that is appropriate, beneficial or representative of the "you" that you want out there. And most importantly, whether you would be drawn to YOU.

没有评论:

发表评论