2013年3月4日星期一

Own a Home Business? "Live in the Now" For Success

I want to start off saying I watched Dog Whisperer this weekend. I have loved that show since its inception...way back before Cesar Milan was an international success. And if I had to answer the question, "if you could choose to be anyone, who would you be" I would definitely be Cesar. Why? Because his unbelievable insights into dogs-and more importantly the humans who own the dogs-is so astounding. He spends most of the time actually working with the dog owners, as they are the reason in most cases, that the dog is having issues.Every time I watch that show, I leave with the phrase he is best known for running through my mind: "Live in the now". The value of that advice is immeasurable, truly, no matter what you approach in life. See, he explains that dogs do live in the now. They don't reflect on their past, even if they lived a life of abuse or neglect or mistreatment. They let everything go and just exist in the moment. And if people can make that moment a good one, there is no need to feel sorrow or sadness for anything that has previously gone on in their lives.This, perhaps above everything else, can determine whether you have what it takes to run a successful home-business. Everyday is a fresh start and every day offers new opportunities to expand your marketing ideas, change your approach, try new avenues for exposure and meet new people that will give you the chance to test drive those new concepts.I've met people that tell me they tried a home business in the past and it failed miserably. And they are soured on the idea of working for themselves even though the benefits of business ownership are second to none. No setting an alarm, no keeping specific hours, freedom to travel, run errands, wear what you want, control your income, and the list goes on. It really makes me sad that they had the past experiences they have had as they missed the boat on one of the key elements to being a success-to live in the now.Everyone-no matter who it is-will tell you that every day varies for him or her in their business. Some days, leads are so plentiful that you can't imagine making all the calls back to your prospects. People are enthusiastic that you talk to and can't wait to jump in and try their hand with your opportunity. Other days, your marketing may seem to yield less promise, and the individuals you speak to seem hesitant to commit.It's that way in any business really. But that is where your "dog psychology" must kick in. You do not look back at yesterday's less than stellar responses, and you most certainly don't chalk it up to a bad business opportunity. You just start fresh, and implement new ideas and tactics and you are off and running once again. If you tell yourself that you are a failure and don't have what it takes, you will never move forward. That is true with any endeavor in life.A friend of ours got married and was needing to sell his car as he was going overseas and his wife didn't want to have to continue to pay on a second car or the insurance. They had tried and tried to sell it. And posted an ad on Craigslist and various free ad sites everywhere. Nothing at all came of any of their efforts. Then, one day, 3 different people called and they sold it within a couple hours of returning the first call. Had they told themselves it was hopeless and that no one wanted their car, the wife would still be paying on a vehicle that was of no use to them and they would never had gotten out from under the extra costs.When I find an advertising campaign isn't creating results that I have had with other campaigns, I change it up. I try new things along with some of the tried-and-true stuff as well and am pleasantly surprised in the majority of the cases as it once again shows me how many people are out there looking to change their lives. I also learn from every conversation I have with prospects. I tell myself to always take something of value away from my exchanges. Learning about people and what their needs and goals are is part of it. And I don't ever forget that. I was, perhaps, one of those people who take quite a bit of time to decide if something is right for me. Once I do, however, I go forward with complete commitment.If you are considering a home business, or even own one already, try waking up each day and live in the now. Any negative thoughts or feelings you may have, or doubt about your ability to be a success, should be wiped away and a positive approach taken. You will find that dogs can teach us a great deal about what creates happiness, self-confidence, belief in someone and most of all what each new day holds.

没有评论:

发表评论