2013年2月17日星期日

Pay it Forward in MLM

In my MLM experience, I have observed both people who were reluctant to help others and kept their "secrets" close, and people who would give advice to anyone. While you might guess that the former group is people who haven't had success yet and the latter group is people who have abundant success, I have actually seen successful people refuse to help others. Even if the person is in their company, if the person is not on their team:
You can't attend their training
You can't dial in to their conference calls
You can't have access to their webite
They won't answer your questions on social media or via email
In a company I was associated with in the past, at the company convention they recognized the top 100 income earners. The company management said that these people were willing to help anyone in the company. Upon returning home I learned that one of these people, who led a huge team in my area, was having a training meeting. I asked to sign up and was denied access because I was not on her team. My sponsor told me not to be upset, we probably were not missing much anyway. But that is not the point! I was struggling and needed all of the help I could get (my sponsor was also inexperienced at MLM.)Don't get me wrong, this woman is helping a whole bunch of people because she has a huge team. But does she really think that if one or two people from outside her team attend a training of hers, they will learn some huge secret that takes business away from her team? Obviously for her, this is a big competition, not a business of helping people.My current mentor believes this thinking comes from lack. He teaches that the Universe has plenty of abundance for everyone and that by helping others, you will attract more abundance to yourself. I happen to believe that (gee, I guess that is why he is my mentor!) I guess that's why I never participate in competitive sports. I don't believe in winners and losers. I only believe in winners.In our extended team, there are many leaders of smaller teams. Because of this man's teachings and influence, these leaders all help each other as well as the downlines of other leaders. Not only that, but most of the team members also extend free mentoring and training (much of it lead by this man personally) to anyone in any company. I love that!How can you help people you've never even met with your expertise?
Write articles
Write a blog
Make educational videos and put them on the Internet
Offer to teach seminars for the Chamber of Commerce, local businesses or churches
There are endless opportunities to share what you know, and I truly believe it will bring you abundance. Don't just help people in other industries, or people in your company or on your team. Help everyone! I am not saying you must tell them every detail of what you do, because that doesn't work anyway. For example if everyone uses the same keywords, the effect becomes diluted. If everyone prospects in the same place with limited people, nobody wins, just like when certain waters are over-fished. But you can teach people how to fish, can't you?Try paying it forward. It feels great!

没有评论:

发表评论