2012年11月2日星期五

Batman and MLM?

I thought I was telling my age when I said, "same bat time, same bat channel!" Then a lady, too young to have seen the original shows, informed me that the old classic Batman cartoons are being shown on cable! (She is actually a fan of bats in general, that's a whole other story!)Anyway, the idea of "same time, same station" suggests something to me: Consistency. I think that's very important in MLM, do you? I have recently read a great book, "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson, and in a nutshell what Jeff teaches is that by consistently doing a bit more each day we can get ahead. As he says, it is easy to do but also easy not to do!One "problem" in a home based business is that you set your own schedule. There is no boss coming around to check on you and make sure you are doing something productive! Of course that is what we all love so much about this industry, and yet it means we must keep ourselves on track. It is vitally important that you do things to move your business forward daily. Even on those days when I do not feel motivated, I remember the "slight edge" and do as many of those "little" things as I can.What are those productive tasks?
Writing blogs and/or articles, and bookmarking
Making and posting videos
Calling people I am working with but haven't heard from recently, just to "check in"
Emailing my Facebook group with some helpful idea, or to invite them on a call
Posting my links on social media to get new leads
Reading 10 pages or a chapter of a self-development book
Dialing in to training calls or listening to the recordings
Reciting affirmations, reviewing goals, visualizing results
Each task by itself is small, but done consistently over time will make a HUGE difference! If you can actually make and stick to a set schedule, this can be very helpful. In fact if you find it difficult to stick to a schedule or remember things, this is probably exactly what you need!I find listening to team calls and reading self-development material especially helpful when I am feeling unmotivated or "down." You must not allow yourself to remain in a negative emotional state; as soon as you recognize it, do something to bring yourself back up to a positive state! Having a set schedule can also help with this, as doing something productive can produce a feeling of accomplishment.In summary, I highly recommend "The Slight Edge" and I would be happy to assist you in achieving success in MLM!

没有评论:

发表评论